Platypus GravityWorks 4L System
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
This pump-free system is gravity fed and offers a high-flow capacity. Fill the unfiltered water reservoir, raise, and hang it. You'll have 4L of clean water in under 3 minutes.
The fibres in this filter are slightly more brittle than other types. Although the cartridge is encased in a protective rubber shell, and drop-tested to seven feet, consider carrying a spare cartridge on long trips – they are small, light, and relatively inexpensive.
- Filters 4L of water in less than 3 minutes (depends on water quality)
- Hollow fibre filter has a high surface-area that allows water to flow quickly through a 0.2 micron effective pore size
- Do not allow the cartridge to freeze after initial use
- Nominal 1500L filter life is for clear water, turbidity will reduce the useful life of any filter
- Maintain a high flow rate in the field by holding the clean water reservoir above the unfiltered reservoir. No disassembly required
- Unfiltered reservoir has a webbing handle for carrying and hanging. Quick-disconnect valve automatically cuts the flow of water when the hose is disconnected. Hose connection on the side won't collect silt and debris
- Clean reservoir has a webbing loop and a simple hose connection, and no top zipper, so it won't pop open while in use
- Reservoirs are made of silver ion-treated polyethylene film that doesn't pick up tastes
- Clip-style shut-off valve on output hose between reservoirs
- Silicone tubing